Introducing Rising Philly Artist: Chris Poppa


What is your name and what city do you rep? 

My name is CHRIS POPPA & I’m from Philly

Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them? 

My latest drop is my song “No Games” and the inspiration comes from years of hard working trying to make an imprint on the music industry and being done with the games that the industry has to offer

What is unique about you and your music? 

My music is unique because it captures a rare authentic blend of philly grit and lyricism matches with the vibe, flavor and many musical styles to come out of Atlanta Georgia. 

What shaped your music? 

I was born in philly in 94 and I’ve lived half of my life in philly and the other half in Atlanta. My most important years as a kid I spent in the A. Coming up during the Atlanta “Swag” era was amazing and I’m very fortunate to be able to show the authenticity of my southern ways through my music 

When did you realize you were going to make music professionally? 

Ever since I was young I’ve been multitalented and have had a passion for music. My father was in the music industry before year ago working for Sony and university records. I’ve always been in love with music since I was a pup.

What type of music do you listen to? 

I listen to everything from parliment, to jay-z, to Lil B and BlueFace. Music is universal and the more and more I study music the deeper I fall in love with it

What inspires you to write music? 

My everyday life. I make what I consider “Reality Music” which consist of stories from my own personal experience or my observations of events that take place in real life

What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about? 

I’ve always been a multifaceted person. From being a barber to being a carpenter to being an athlete I try to learn as much as I can about whatever sparks my interest

Happiness to you is… 

happiness to me is being released from all the troubles that life brings. 

What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out? 

You’re never wrong, only ahead or past your time. No thought is original but every thought needs a plan for proper execution.

Tell us about your upcoming projects... 

Coming up I have more visuals dropping soon before the summer is over and I’ll have atleast one mixtape dropping before the summer is over. Due to the coronavirus things have been a little off schedule but the grind doesn’t stop!

Where do we find you music / music projects?  

You can find all of my music/Videos on YouTube and every streaming platform (Tidal,AppleMusic,Spotify,etc)

Any last words for the readers? 

Just stay tuned and be on the lookout for CHRIS POPPA one of the dopest upcoming artist from philly!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.